Who We Are
Creative Imagination. Creative Impact.
FootePrint Marketing & Advertising has been in business since 1985. We have not always been under the same name. That is what branding is all about, after all. What was right for us in 1985 no longer fit us in branding exercises done over the years, so we changed with the times. Today, FootePrint Marketing & Advertising is led by Dan Foote.
Dan Foote has been in the advertising industry since, well, as he would tell it, forever. He has owned ad agencies, has been creative director at other agencies, and has been the force behind some amazing creative work. He has fun with his work and thoroughly enjoys meeting and working with clients.
“When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.”
“So never be afraid to ask why and take the time to saunter down a cobblestone path.”
I disagree. Asking why doesn’t reflect a lack of knowledge or weakness. On the contrary, the question proves that one is curious, open, and always striving to know and understand more.
It is this philosophy that has allowed me to enjoy nearly 30 years of successfully assisting clients with their marketing and advertising. There is not a single client that I have not learned great lessons from. We need our client’s knowledge base to do the best job for them.
Other things that define my profile as a marketing and advertising guy:
1. You are in trouble once you start to believe your own press releases.
2. When an agency thinks they know more than their clients, they will fail.
3. If you don’t respect the person sitting across the table from you, the client-agency relationship will fail.
4. A cute headline isn’t always the answer.
5. “Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out.” Quote by John Wooden
Let's Grab Breakfast
We find the best business conversations happen over eggs. Give us a few dates, we’ll make sure the coffee is on and the toast isn’t burnt!